Fridge blamed for St Albans garage fire

PUBLISHED: 11:11 05 August 2009 | UPDATED: 14:19 06 May 2010

A FAULTY fridge sent a garage up in flames yesterday evening. Firefighters were called to the incident in Cranbrook Drive, off of Hatfield Road in St Albans, at around 6pm. On arrival, the two crews from St Albans fire station found a fridge/freezer on fi

A FAULTY fridge sent a garage up in flames yesterday evening.

Firefighters were called to the incident in Cranbrook Drive, off of Hatfield Road in St Albans, at around 6pm.

On arrival, the two crews from St Albans fire station found a fridge/freezer on fire and the blaze was spreading to other units in the garage. The adjoining house was also heavily smoke logged but the occupants had already evacuated the property.

Two firefighters wearing breathing equipment entered the garage to douse the flames and the property was ventilated to clear the smoke. The crews left the scene at around 7pm.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser