Free tool engraving at St Albans crime prevention event
- Credit: Archant
A crime prevention stall in St Albans will be offering free tool engraving to help deter thieves.
Officers from the St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team and the St Albans and Harpenden Volunteer Police Cadets will run the stall at Bunnings Warehouse, Griffiths Way from 10am to 3pm on Sunday, February 26.
Visitors will be able to get their tools engraved for free, which makes them less attractive to thieves and easier to return to their rightful owner if they are stolen and later recovered by police.
There is also a chance to meet officers from the Safer Neighbourhood Team, find out more about signing up as a volunteer cadet or special police constable and receive crime prevention advice.
More information about crime prevention advice is available at www.herts.police.uk/crimeprevention
You may also want to watch:
The St Albans and Harpenden Volunteer Police Cadets are currently recruiting young people between ages 14 and 18. To find out more and register for an application pack email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.herts.police.uk/cadets
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development