Free tennis lessons in St Albans get thumbs up from Andy Murray’s mum
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS can pick up a racket for free this weekend as St Albans plays host to a tennis weekend backed by Wimbledon champion Andy Murray’s mum Judy.
Taking place this Saturday and Sunday, the Great British Tennis Weekend will offer complimentary tennis equipment and coaching in Verulamium Park - one of 39 venues across the country where can enjoy the sport thanks to the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA).
Activities such as Cardio Tennis, LTA Mini Tennis for 3 to 10 year olds, and Short Tennis, which is a scaled down version of the game, will also be available.
Judy Murray said: “This is a great idea and one that I hope will encourage many new people to come out and try tennis.
“There’s a huge buzz around our sport just now and offering tennis for free at local park courts across the country is definitely the way forward.
“I’ll be heading down to one of the park sites to join in the fun for sure.”
To find out more or to book your place on any of the free tennis activities visit www.allplaytennis.com/tennisweekend
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead