Free tennis lessons in St Albans get thumbs up from Andy Murray’s mum
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS can pick up a racket for free this weekend as St Albans plays host to a tennis weekend backed by Wimbledon champion Andy Murray’s mum Judy.
Taking place this Saturday and Sunday, the Great British Tennis Weekend will offer complimentary tennis equipment and coaching in Verulamium Park - one of 39 venues across the country where can enjoy the sport thanks to the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA).
Activities such as Cardio Tennis, LTA Mini Tennis for 3 to 10 year olds, and Short Tennis, which is a scaled down version of the game, will also be available.
Judy Murray said: “This is a great idea and one that I hope will encourage many new people to come out and try tennis.
“There’s a huge buzz around our sport just now and offering tennis for free at local park courts across the country is definitely the way forward.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll be heading down to one of the park sites to join in the fun for sure.”
To find out more or to book your place on any of the free tennis activities visit www.allplaytennis.com/tennisweekend
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school