Free tennis lessons in St Albans get thumbs up from Andy Murray’s mum
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS can pick up a racket for free this weekend as St Albans plays host to a tennis weekend backed by Wimbledon champion Andy Murray’s mum Judy.
Taking place this Saturday and Sunday, the Great British Tennis Weekend will offer complimentary tennis equipment and coaching in Verulamium Park - one of 39 venues across the country where can enjoy the sport thanks to the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA).
Activities such as Cardio Tennis, LTA Mini Tennis for 3 to 10 year olds, and Short Tennis, which is a scaled down version of the game, will also be available.
Judy Murray said: “This is a great idea and one that I hope will encourage many new people to come out and try tennis.
“There’s a huge buzz around our sport just now and offering tennis for free at local park courts across the country is definitely the way forward.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll be heading down to one of the park sites to join in the fun for sure.”
To find out more or to book your place on any of the free tennis activities visit www.allplaytennis.com/tennisweekend
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25