Free tea party for St Albans’ over-60s
- Credit: Archant
There will be a free tea party for the over-60s population in St Albans next Wednesday.
Community Central has invited them to the Jubilee Centre on Catherine Street between 1.30pm and 3.30pm.
Acting-Chief Exec of Community Central, Kate Newton, said: “We know that Christmas can be an expensive and worrying time for older people.
“Please don’t go without, don’t cut back on your heating bills, or take out a doorstep loan.
“We are here to help in any way we can even if it’s just free tea and cakes and a listening ear. Please pop along and see us at our tea party.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is free to attend, and also involves a raffle, and information about activities and support in St Albans district.
To find out more call 01727 814644 and Paul or Kate can provide more information.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Community Central was called St Albans CVS until it relaunched this month.