Free tea party for St Albans’ over-60s
- Credit: Archant
There will be a free tea party for the over-60s population in St Albans next Wednesday.
Community Central has invited them to the Jubilee Centre on Catherine Street between 1.30pm and 3.30pm.
Acting-Chief Exec of Community Central, Kate Newton, said: “We know that Christmas can be an expensive and worrying time for older people.
“Please don’t go without, don’t cut back on your heating bills, or take out a doorstep loan.
“We are here to help in any way we can even if it’s just free tea and cakes and a listening ear. Please pop along and see us at our tea party.”
The event is free to attend, and also involves a raffle, and information about activities and support in St Albans district.
To find out more call 01727 814644 and Paul or Kate can provide more information.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 8 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 9 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Community Central was called St Albans CVS until it relaunched this month.