Free tea party for elderly in St Albans in aid of charity
- Credit: Archant
Free tea and entertainment for the elderly is on offer at a chocolate-themed charity event.
The Chocolate Tea Party has been organised by Peter Barker and his wife Kath, who run family business The Chocolate Wrapper, in support of the charity, Age Concern.
The event will take place at St Albans Girls’ School, in Sandridgebury Lane, on October 12, and will include a prize draw for a holiday to Spain.
Peter said: “We wanted to do something a little different to support the community and the idea of running an event for the elderly - many of whom are isolated and lonely - really appealed to us and so the idea for The Chocolate Tea Party was born.”
Tickets for the holiday competition are £5 and all money will go to Age Concern, which supports older people who feel isolated and lonely.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or tickets, visit www.chocolateteaparty.org
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets