Four-vehicle crash on M1 causes hour-long delays near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A four-vehicle collision on the M1 between St Albans and Hemel Hempstead this evening has caused hour-long delays.
Three of the four lanes are currently closed following the collision northbound between Junction 8 for St Albans and Junction 9 for Hemel Hempstead.
Highways England said that the fire service has helped move the vehicles to the hard shoulder, but traffic is tailing back to Junction 21 of the M25.
It is currently unclear if anyone was injured.
Another crash on the M25 near Potters Bar has caused further congestion on the clockwise carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being advised to avoid the routes where possible.
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides