Four-vehicle crash on M1 causes hour-long delays near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A four-vehicle collision on the M1 between St Albans and Hemel Hempstead this evening has caused hour-long delays.
Three of the four lanes are currently closed following the collision northbound between Junction 8 for St Albans and Junction 9 for Hemel Hempstead.
Highways England said that the fire service has helped move the vehicles to the hard shoulder, but traffic is tailing back to Junction 21 of the M25.
It is currently unclear if anyone was injured.
Another crash on the M25 near Potters Bar has caused further congestion on the clockwise carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being advised to avoid the routes where possible.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 3 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire