Four-vehicle crash on M1 causes hour-long delays near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A four-vehicle collision on the M1 between St Albans and Hemel Hempstead this evening has caused hour-long delays.
Three of the four lanes are currently closed following the collision northbound between Junction 8 for St Albans and Junction 9 for Hemel Hempstead.
Highways England said that the fire service has helped move the vehicles to the hard shoulder, but traffic is tailing back to Junction 21 of the M25.
It is currently unclear if anyone was injured.
Another crash on the M25 near Potters Bar has caused further congestion on the clockwise carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being advised to avoid the routes where possible.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 6 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 9 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 10 Yellow warning for rain in Herts as Storm Christoph approaches