Four-vehicle crash on M1 causes hour-long delays near St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A four-vehicle collision on the M1 between St Albans and Hemel Hempstead this evening has caused hour-long delays.
Three of the four lanes are currently closed following the collision northbound between Junction 8 for St Albans and Junction 9 for Hemel Hempstead.
Highways England said that the fire service has helped move the vehicles to the hard shoulder, but traffic is tailing back to Junction 21 of the M25.
It is currently unclear if anyone was injured.
Another crash on the M25 near Potters Bar has caused further congestion on the clockwise carriageway.
Motorists are being advised to avoid the routes where possible.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 5 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 7 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus