Four roads in Harpenden and one in Radlett among most expensive places to live
FIVE local roads – including four in Harpenden – have been named in the top 10 of the most expensive addresses in the eastern region. The 2009 Mouseprice.com street rankings released today (Wednesday) reveal Newlands Avenue in Radlett to be the third most
FIVE local roads - including four in Harpenden - have been named in the top 10 of the most expensive addresses in the eastern region.
The 2009 Mouseprice.com street rankings released today (Wednesday) reveal Newlands Avenue in Radlett to be the third most expensive street in the region with a house there fetching an average of �1,882,000. The street was ranked at number two on the list in the last couple of years.
Fifth on the list is Oak Way in Harpenden where an average house costs �1,734,500, followed by Park Avenue North in Harpenden with an average of �1,700,200 and nearby Holly Lane with an average price tag on �1,661,700.
Then tenth on the list is Park Avenue South with an average of �1,582,500.
The most expensive street in the East was named as Astons Road in Northwood where an average property has a value of �2,018,900. The road, which is known for its leafy gardens, swimming pools and marble staircases, was ranked at number three for the previous two years.
And the most expensive location in the whole of England and Wales is Chester Square in south London, where an average home will set you back by �6,296,000.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
The property website found that house values had significantly dropped compared to last year but that the weak pound had increased affordability to international buyers.
Mouseprice.com calculated the rankings using the latest valuation technology along with various other data sources.
For more information visit http://www.mouseprice.com