Four jailed after Radlett robbery
FOUR men involved in a vicious robbery in Radlett were jailed for a total of 28-and-a-half years today.
Anthony Roberts, Patrick O’Brien and Sean Murphy from London and Peter Meredith of Rendlesham Avenue in Radlett pleaded guilty to robbing the home on Gills Hill earlier this year.
Roberts, O’Brien and Murphy attacked a woman in her 50s as she entered her home in early March. She was pushed to the floor and a hand was held over her mouth while her diamond earrings were torn from her ears. The men wrenched her watch from her wrist and grabbed her handbag from her grasp.
The men made off in a grey Peugeot and Peter Meredith, who had remained outside, made off in a black BMW. They drove to Tenterden Grove in Hendon and Murphy, Roberts and O’Brien transferred into Meredith’s BMW.
As they made their way into central London, the BMW was stopped in Golders Green Road by Flying Squad officers. All four men were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
The victim’s phone was in the car and Roberts was found to be in possession of her watch. Her handbag was later found after the Peugeot was searched.
O’Brien and Roberts were also involved in the robbery of a Travelodge in Acton, along with two others, at the beginning of the year. The men were sentenced for eight years for both robberies.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
Murphy was sentenced for six-and-a-half years for the robbery and Meredith for six years.