Four jailed after Radlett robbery
FOUR men involved in a vicious robbery in Radlett were jailed for a total of 28-and-a-half years today.
Anthony Roberts, Patrick O’Brien and Sean Murphy from London and Peter Meredith of Rendlesham Avenue in Radlett pleaded guilty to robbing the home on Gills Hill earlier this year.
Roberts, O’Brien and Murphy attacked a woman in her 50s as she entered her home in early March. She was pushed to the floor and a hand was held over her mouth while her diamond earrings were torn from her ears. The men wrenched her watch from her wrist and grabbed her handbag from her grasp.
The men made off in a grey Peugeot and Peter Meredith, who had remained outside, made off in a black BMW. They drove to Tenterden Grove in Hendon and Murphy, Roberts and O’Brien transferred into Meredith’s BMW.
As they made their way into central London, the BMW was stopped in Golders Green Road by Flying Squad officers. All four men were arrested.
The victim’s phone was in the car and Roberts was found to be in possession of her watch. Her handbag was later found after the Peugeot was searched.
O’Brien and Roberts were also involved in the robbery of a Travelodge in Acton, along with two others, at the beginning of the year. The men were sentenced for eight years for both robberies.
- 1 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Murphy was sentenced for six-and-a-half years for the robbery and Meredith for six years.