Four Emerging Bands Chosen to Showcase Talents in St Albans
FOUR up and coming local bands will be showcasing their talents in St Albans next week as part of the Red Stripe Music Award. Hey Jupiter, Tasha Fights Tigers, The Regency and St Albans-based band Polly Poison and her Electric Antidote will all be playing
FOUR up and coming local bands will be showcasing their talents in St Albans next week as part of the Red Stripe Music Award.
Hey Jupiter, Tasha Fights Tigers, The Regency and St Albans-based band Polly Poison and her Electric Antidote will all be playing at The Horn next Thursday night (March 18) from 8pm.
Over a thousand emerging bands have entered the competition run by the Jamaican lager brand, which has been described as live music's answer to the Mercury Music Prize.
The four Herts-based bands are among the 150 acts that have been chosen to play at 25 regional gigs across the country.
You may also want to watch:
20 of the bands will be shortlisted and narrowed down to four bands by top industry professionals before they go on to play at the final in May.
Last year's judging panel was made up of Elbow's Guy Garvey and XFM's John Kennedy.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Slots at the summer's major festivals, including The Great Escape, are lined up for the winner.
Entry to Thursday's gig cost �4 on the door.