Teenagers threaten woman and demand money in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after four boys in their early teens attempted to mug a woman who was walking alone in St Albans.
The woman was walking in the Alban Way behind Morrisons at 7.05pm on Sunday, August 26 when she was approached by four boys, who demanded she hand over money.
The boys, all in their early teens, were wearing scarves which covered their faces.
Before the woman could respond, the boys were disturbed by a passing cyclist and ran from the scene.
The victim was not injured during the incident.
Anyone who witnessed what happened, saw four boys matching the description in the vicinity or was cycling in the area at the time is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/31266/18.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford