Teenagers threaten woman and demand money in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after four boys in their early teens attempted to mug a woman who was walking alone in St Albans.
The woman was walking in the Alban Way behind Morrisons at 7.05pm on Sunday, August 26 when she was approached by four boys, who demanded she hand over money.
The boys, all in their early teens, were wearing scarves which covered their faces.
Before the woman could respond, the boys were disturbed by a passing cyclist and ran from the scene.
The victim was not injured during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed what happened, saw four boys matching the description in the vicinity or was cycling in the area at the time is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/31266/18.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan