Teenagers threaten woman and demand money in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after four boys in their early teens attempted to mug a woman who was walking alone in St Albans.
The woman was walking in the Alban Way behind Morrisons at 7.05pm on Sunday, August 26 when she was approached by four boys, who demanded she hand over money.
The boys, all in their early teens, were wearing scarves which covered their faces.
Before the woman could respond, the boys were disturbed by a passing cyclist and ran from the scene.
The victim was not injured during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed what happened, saw four boys matching the description in the vicinity or was cycling in the area at the time is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/31266/18.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans