St Albans care home receives ‘good’ rating’ from Care Quality Commission
- Credit: Archant
Fosse House care home in St Albans has been rated as ‘good’ overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The Ermine Close facility was inspected on whether its service was safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led and received good in all of them save for responsive, where it was rated ‘outstanding’.
Home manager Zoe Hiscox said: “We are all so excited here at Fosse House to have received the ‘outstanding’ rating in being a responsive service.
“The whole team is extremely passionate about what we do and we work really hard to make sure our residents receive the best possible care.
“We are absolutely delighted this has been recognised by the CQC and I would like to thank everybody for their contribution to what is the most amazing team.”
You may also want to watch:
The inspectors were said to be especially impressed with the home’s Silver Wishes campaign, where residents were asked to make a wish to come true.
This has led to residents meeting wolves, touring a famous football club and trying out archery.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
Chief Executive of parent company Quantum Care, Maria Ball, said: “I would like to congratulate Fosse House on their fantastic achievement.
“One of our central values at Quantum Care is that our residents are at the heart of all we do. Fosse House is a clear example of this value in action and this rating is a reflection of the hard work, passion and dedication of Zoe and her team.”
The CQC inspection report reads: “The staff team had worked tirelessly to provide people with excellent opportunities to enjoy personalised activities and outings as well as experience new things they had only ever dreamt of previously.
“The registered manager and staff team demonstrated a ‘can do’ attitude to ensuring people enjoyed opportunities for engagement and stimulation.
“The provider had arrangements to receive feedback from people who used the service, their relatives, external stakeholders and staff members about the services provided.
“People were confident to raise anything that concerned them with staff or management and were satisfied that they would be listened to.”
To see the report visit www.cqc.org.uk