Former St Albans Resident Denies Murder But Admits Dismembering the Body
A FORMER gym owner who used to live in Park Street denied murder but admitted dismembering and disposing of the body parts around two counties at St Albans Crown Court today. Stephen Marshall, 37, of Ayot Path, Borehamwood and his alleged accomplice Sarah
A FORMER gym owner who used to live in Park Street denied murder but admitted dismembering and disposing of the body parts around two counties at St Albans Crown Court today.
Stephen Marshall, 37, of Ayot Path, Borehamwood and his alleged accomplice Sarah Bush, 21, of Pickard Close, Southgate, are jointly charged with murdering kitchen salesman Jeffrey Howe between March and April last year and three related offences.
Mr Howe, 49, disappeared from his home in Southgate, North London last March.
Marshall also pleaded guilty to two offences of committing an act intended to pervert the course of justice.
You may also want to watch:
It is alleged that between March 7 and April 21 he gave false information about Mr Howe's wellbeing and whereabouts to police and disposed of body parts knowing it would impede an investigation.
He also pleaded guilty to obstructing a coroner in the execution of his duty by leaving body parts at various locations in Hertfordshire and Leicestershire.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
Miss Bush pleads not guilty to all four charges.
The jury was due to be sworn in later today and the trial continues tomorrow,