Former St Albans City and Fulham footballer barred from holding company directorships
FORMER professional footballer and Luton Town director John Mitchell has been disqualified from holding any company directorship for three years. Mr Mitchell, aged 55, of Park Rise, Harpenden, was a former St Albans City FC player before moving on to play
FORMER professional footballer and Luton Town director John Mitchell has been disqualified from holding any company directorship for three years.
Mr Mitchell, aged 55, of Park Rise, Harpenden, was a former St Albans City FC player before moving on to play for Fulham and Millwall.
He has been disqualified for his role as director of Business Golf Corporation, which went into voluntary liquidation in the sum of more than �1 million after Revenue and Customs petitioned for it to be wound up in May 2006.
The disqualification runs until October 2011 and relates to the company's failure to remit PAYE and National Insurance contributions to Revenue and Customs throughout its trading history.
You may also want to watch:
After his playing career finished, Mr Mitchell served two spells as a director at Luton Town, the second time in 2004 as a member of a consortium which took control of the club after it had spent a year in administration.
He returned again in 2006 and in June last year he and fellow directors were all charged following an investigation into financial irregularities at the club. He was subsequently fined �250 for failing to report the alleged rule breaches to the FA when he became aware of them.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant