Former St Albans church bell-ringer guilty of hoarding child porn
- Credit: Archant
A former church bell-ringer who was caught with thousands of explicit pornographic images pleaded guilty to four child porn charges on Friday (13).
Peter Martin-Flaven, of South Close, St Albans, appeared at the city’s magistrates court after the images were found on his laptop and other devices in May last year.
The 49-year-old, who was a bell-ringer at St Leonard’s Church in Sandridge, pleaded guilty to four child porn charges and one charge of possessing an extreme pornographic image involving an animal.
Martin-Flaven was found with 2,526 category C images, 30 category B images and 31 category A images - the most serious kind of child pornography.
The Rev Em Coley, Vicar of St Leonard’s, Sandridge said after the hearing: “We were shocked and saddened to learn of these charges, following the court case. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of these serious offences and with his family.
“Peter Martin-Flaven has not rung the bells at St Leonard’s for more than 18 months and is not a member of the church congregation.”
The case has been committed to St Albans Crown Court for sentencing.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins