Former St Albans church bell-ringer guilty of hoarding child porn
- Credit: Archant
A former church bell-ringer who was caught with thousands of explicit pornographic images pleaded guilty to four child porn charges on Friday (13).
Peter Martin-Flaven, of South Close, St Albans, appeared at the city’s magistrates court after the images were found on his laptop and other devices in May last year.
The 49-year-old, who was a bell-ringer at St Leonard’s Church in Sandridge, pleaded guilty to four child porn charges and one charge of possessing an extreme pornographic image involving an animal.
Martin-Flaven was found with 2,526 category C images, 30 category B images and 31 category A images - the most serious kind of child pornography.
The Rev Em Coley, Vicar of St Leonard’s, Sandridge said after the hearing: “We were shocked and saddened to learn of these charges, following the court case. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of these serious offences and with his family.
You may also want to watch:
“Peter Martin-Flaven has not rung the bells at St Leonard’s for more than 18 months and is not a member of the church congregation.”
The case has been committed to St Albans Crown Court for sentencing.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space