Former St Albans church bell-ringer guilty of hoarding child porn
- Credit: Archant
A former church bell-ringer who was caught with thousands of explicit pornographic images pleaded guilty to four child porn charges on Friday (13).
Peter Martin-Flaven, of South Close, St Albans, appeared at the city’s magistrates court after the images were found on his laptop and other devices in May last year.
The 49-year-old, who was a bell-ringer at St Leonard’s Church in Sandridge, pleaded guilty to four child porn charges and one charge of possessing an extreme pornographic image involving an animal.
Martin-Flaven was found with 2,526 category C images, 30 category B images and 31 category A images - the most serious kind of child pornography.
The Rev Em Coley, Vicar of St Leonard’s, Sandridge said after the hearing: “We were shocked and saddened to learn of these charges, following the court case. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of these serious offences and with his family.
You may also want to watch:
“Peter Martin-Flaven has not rung the bells at St Leonard’s for more than 18 months and is not a member of the church congregation.”
The case has been committed to St Albans Crown Court for sentencing.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images