For St Albans... and St George! - at Chamber of Commerce lunch
- Credit: Archant
It is without doubt the year’s most popular event on the St Albans business calendar.
And last Friday 350 guests from the business community enjoyed a traditional three course lunch at Sopwell House at the Chamber of Commerce’s legendary St George’s Day Lunch.
Celebrating St George, history and culture in style, the event featured guest speaker, Times columnist Matthew Parris, some rousing English songs, and a charity auction in aid of Renaissance St Albans, the project for a new museum and gallery in the Old Town Hall.
Chamber President David Clarke said: “It was wonderful once again to see so many of our members and their guests at the St George’s Day Lunch this year.
“The lunch, which raised a huge sum for the Renaissance St Albans Project, has become a landmark event in the annual business calendar and its success is completely driven by the willingness of our members to attend and generously sponsor the event which in turn allows us to make a significant donations to local charities and projects.
You may also want to watch:
“Our members recognise that we are tremendously privileged to live in such a historic city and we were delighted to contribute to the planned works of the Renaissance St Albans project which when completed will benefit our entire community.”
Chamber executive director Lisa Bates, who organised the event, added “There was such a great buzz about the event this year - which sold out in three hours - particularly on social media. We really enjoy the day entertaining our clients whilst helping a local charity raise its profile.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
She thanked event sponsors including Santander Corporate & Commercial, SA Law, Debenhams Ottaway, Kingston Smith, Principal Security & Chauffeurs, Impact Promotional Merchandise, Cerco Communications, STANTA, PwC and My Mustard.