Footballer bailed after altercation in St Albans
St Albans man’s jaw broken in restaurant brawl
POLICE have bailed Millwall striker Darius Henderson after a man was taken to hospital for treatment following an assault at Darcys Restaurant in St Albans in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
An ambulance took a 41-year-old man from St Albans, who suffered a broken jaw after allegedly being punched in the face, to hospital after the incident on Hatfield Road. It is understood that he has since been released following treatment.
A spokeswoman for Herts police said they were called to Darcys at about 1.30am on Sunday, January 1, following reports a man had been assaulted.
It is believed a verbal altercation had taken place before the victim was allegedly punched in the face.
You may also want to watch:
Police confirmed that a 30-year-old man from Markyate was arrested on suspicion of GBH and has since been released on police bail until early February.
The spokeswoman said the man had not been charged with any offence.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden