Football fanatic Daniel ready for Wembley appearance
YOUNG football fanatic Daniel Bradly will run out onto the Wembley pitch tomorrow (Saturday) when England play Kazakhstan. The nine-year-old from ragged hall Lane in Chiswell Green, was paicked as a team mascot after winning an online competition which hi
YOUNG football fanatic Daniel Bradly will run out onto the Wembley pitch tomorrow (Saturday) when England play Kazakhstan.
The nine-year-old from ragged hall Lane in Chiswell Green, was paicked as a team mascot after winning an online competition which his dad Richard had entered him in.
Daniel, who is a pupil at St Columba's College, is an attacking midfielder for the St Albans Rangers U10s and his favourite team is Liverpool.
His mother Suzanne said Saturday would be a dream come true for Daniel: "He's extremely excited to be a mascot and if he gets to meet his hero Steven Gerrard he'll be over the moon."
You may also want to watch:
The Bradly family - including Daniel's brother Ben, aged 13, and sister Anna, aged 15 - have seen England play at Wembley previously, but Saturday's sell-out game will be something special. More than 90,000 fans will attend the World Cup 2010 qualifier, and Daniel will get to watch the match from a ringside seat with the 10 other mascots.
Daniel will be up bright and early on Saturday to prepare for the 5:15pm kick-off, and Suzanne said the event has become a family affair: "As well as myself, Richard and Ben, Daniel's also got an uncle, a granddad and an uncle coming to enjoy the game," she said.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Shortages crisis hits district
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25