Football fanatic Daniel ready for Wembley appearance
YOUNG football fanatic Daniel Bradly will run out onto the Wembley pitch tomorrow (Saturday) when England play Kazakhstan. The nine-year-old from ragged hall Lane in Chiswell Green, was paicked as a team mascot after winning an online competition which hi
YOUNG football fanatic Daniel Bradly will run out onto the Wembley pitch tomorrow (Saturday) when England play Kazakhstan.
The nine-year-old from ragged hall Lane in Chiswell Green, was paicked as a team mascot after winning an online competition which his dad Richard had entered him in.
Daniel, who is a pupil at St Columba's College, is an attacking midfielder for the St Albans Rangers U10s and his favourite team is Liverpool.
His mother Suzanne said Saturday would be a dream come true for Daniel: "He's extremely excited to be a mascot and if he gets to meet his hero Steven Gerrard he'll be over the moon."
The Bradly family - including Daniel's brother Ben, aged 13, and sister Anna, aged 15 - have seen England play at Wembley previously, but Saturday's sell-out game will be something special. More than 90,000 fans will attend the World Cup 2010 qualifier, and Daniel will get to watch the match from a ringside seat with the 10 other mascots.
Daniel will be up bright and early on Saturday to prepare for the 5:15pm kick-off, and Suzanne said the event has become a family affair: "As well as myself, Richard and Ben, Daniel's also got an uncle, a granddad and an uncle coming to enjoy the game," she said.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star