Football fan Benjamin off to North-East derby and meeting with Roy Keane
A YOUNG football fan from St Albans will kick off his weekend as the mascot for his favourite Premiership team. Benjamin Robinson, aged seven, will be running on to the pitch with the Sunderland FC team at this Saturday s North-East derby game against N
A YOUNG football fan from St Albans will kick off his weekend as the mascot for his favourite Premiership team.
Benjamin Robinson, aged seven, will be running on to the pitch with the Sunderland FC team at this Saturday's North-East derby game against Newcastle. The Oakwood School pupil, whose family home is in Colney Heath Lane, was picked at random for the prize by the football team's junior supporters club.
Benjamin's family are all big Sunderland FC supporters and his mother Rebecca said that the Robinsons can't wait for the home game.
She added: "We go to all the London matches, but Saturday will be something special. Benjamin's elder sister Abbie, younger brother William and his season-ticket-holder grandparents will all be there to watch Benjamin's star performance."
You may also want to watch:
The supporters club has prepared a programme of events for Benjamin including a meeting with manager Roy Keane and ex-player and chairman Niall Quinn, as well as a warm-up session with the whole Sunderland FC team.
Benjamin, who plays for Harvester FC under-eights north team, said he was very excited about the game which starts at 12.45pm. He added: "One of my lifelong dreams has come true and I'm only seven!
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book