Flooding in two St Albans retail outlets causes problems
- Credit: Archant
A flood in two major city centre businesses is causing chaos today.
The flood started in Nando's and was discovered by staff this morning when they arrived for their shift.
Water is flooding the downstairs of the chicken restaurant which has meant they have had to close.
Toni & Guy hair salon next door to the restaurant also has water all over the floor which has also caused them to shut.
A spokesperson for Nando's said: "We're sorry for any Peri-Peri fans who weren't able to visit our St Albans restaurant today.
You may also want to watch:
"It was closed due to a burst water pipe and the team are working hard to clean the restaurant and hope to be open again soon."
Toni & Guy were contacted for comment but declined.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden