Flooding in two St Albans retail outlets causes problems
- Credit: Archant
A flood in two major city centre businesses is causing chaos today.
The flood started in Nando's and was discovered by staff this morning when they arrived for their shift.
Water is flooding the downstairs of the chicken restaurant which has meant they have had to close.
Toni & Guy hair salon next door to the restaurant also has water all over the floor which has also caused them to shut.
A spokesperson for Nando's said: "We're sorry for any Peri-Peri fans who weren't able to visit our St Albans restaurant today.
You may also want to watch:
"It was closed due to a burst water pipe and the team are working hard to clean the restaurant and hope to be open again soon."
Toni & Guy were contacted for comment but declined.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills