St Albans social enterprise throws backing behind national campaign
- Credit: Photography Anna Batchelor, Styling Tamineh Dhondy
A St Albans social enterprise has thrown its backing behind a national campaign to make the world a better place.
Online interiors shop Aerende, based in Fleetville, has called for everyone to take part in Buy Social for a Better World, which runs from October 7 to 12.
This is a campaign encouraging shoppers to spend their money with social enterprises, which trade for a social or environmental good.
Aerende sells products that are handmade by people facing barriers to employment in the UK.
Aerende founder Emily Mathieson said: "Everything in our collection is created with social impact and the environment in mind so that we can feel proud and extend that pride and joy to our makers and our customers."
You may also want to watch:
Find out more at www.socialenterprise.org.uk/campaigns/buy-social-for-a-better-world
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Forging ahead for hospice care