Flashmob lands St Albans arts company primetime TV slot
- Credit: Archant
THEY have performed in front of royalty, rubbed shoulders with Sir Richard Branson, and now a local dance company will showcase their talent on primetime Saturday night TV.
A flashmob featuring 50 dancers from Living the Dream Performing Arts Company will close a special 90-minute show on ITV that counts down the 20 most iconic dance moments as chosen by viewers.
Their routine was recorded at busy St Pancras station and includes references to viral sensation Gangnam Style and musical Singing in the Rain.
Company founder Zoe Jackson said: “This is a huge achievement for us to be featured on primetime TV doing a flash mob – all from ITV seeing our first St Pancras Flash Mob video.
“I am excited for more opportunities like this to come.”
You may also want to watch:
The Nation’s Favourite Dance Moment airs on ITV1 at 8.15pm on Saturday.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash