Flasher warning at Bernards Heath in St Albans
A YOUNG girl walking her dog on Bernards Heath in St Albans on Monday was confronted by a man exposing his naked bottom to her. The 13-year-old schoolgirl backed off and walked away quickly but as she made her way to her friend s home, she saw the man ful
A YOUNG girl walking her dog on Bernards Heath in St Albans on Monday was confronted by a man exposing his naked bottom to her.
The 13-year-old schoolgirl backed off and walked away quickly but as she made her way to her friend's home, she saw the man fully-clothed on another part of the heath.
The girl's mother, who lives nearby, said: "My daughter is not easily frightened but this man was clearly up to no good. It wasn't that he was caught short because of the way he was standing with his bottom splayed out and also the fact that he was standing in the middle of the path as opposed to squatting behind a bush.
"I just want people to be aware in case this man does turn out to be a danger to people."
The incident happened at 4.30pm and the man is described as white, tall and big-built, wearing jeans and a red top and carrying a green plastic bag. He was aged between 20 and 30.
A police spokesperson said a search of the heath was carried out as soon as the mother reported the incident at around 5pm yesterday.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 8 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
She said: "The man had gone by then but the neighbourhood team will be monitoring the situation.