Plea date set as Flamstead man charged with murder is remanded in custody
- Credit: Archant
A Flamstead man charged with murder has been remanded in custody following a court hearing yesterday.
Brian Coote was charged following the death of Christine Ford, who was found by police inside her almshouse property in Flamstead's High Street with multiple injuries on July 27, after being reported missing by her family. The 71-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Mr Coote, of Flamstead High Street, appeared at Luton Crown Court via a video link from Bedford prison on Wednesday last week - and was remanded in custody by the judge.
The 64-year-old is next due to appear at the court on October 18, for a plea and case management hearing.
A provisional trial date has also been set for January 27 for a period of at least two weeks, if Mr Coote pleads not guilty,
You may also want to watch:
A vigil was held at St Leonard's Church in Christine's memory, while last weekend's Flamstead Scarecrow Festival was cancelled following news of her death.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works