Five Go Mad In Igloo
They may not drink ginger beer but these five are gradually getting more and more famous as thousands of people passing through St Albans park pause to admire their icy work of art. Adrian Barlow, 30, of Chequer Street, St Albans, masterminded the projec
They may not drink ginger beer but these five are gradually getting more and more famous as thousands of people passing through St Albans park pause to admire their icy work of art.
Adrian Barlow, 30, of Chequer Street, St Albans, masterminded the project to while away some time since he was made redundant.
His mates Shane Biggs, Aron Pallett, Mark Flanagan and Craig Ward are all builders or landscape gardeners who have been "snowed off" during the recent bad weather.
Adrian said: "We loved doing it even though it cost us about �50 for the plastic storage boxes we used as 'building bricks' to pack the snow in."
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, the first one the friends made was knocked down by a gang of youths so they were obliged to sleep in the second one to make sure it didn't happen again.
Adrian said: "The igloo had no roof so we were able to build a fire in the centre to keep us warm at night but we all got a bit tired because it was quite difficult to sleep in it."
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
District Councillor Jack Pia was so impressed with their work that he took pictures of them and their construction.
He said: "I think the lads should win the Turner prize for this work of art. They have given a lot of people a lot of pleasure. The kids particularly have been absolutely enchanted by the igloo and have enjoyed hearing about how it was put together.