Fitness fundraiser in support of cancer charities
- Credit: Nadya Giffen
A squad of fitness instructors is joining forces for a fundraising fiesta for cancer.
The event is the brainchild of massage therapist Nadya Giffen, who lives and works in Marshalswick. She was inspired to raise cash for Cancer Research and Macmillan after one of her students was diagnosed with breast cancer.
The all-day event takes place at Iguana Pole Fitness in London Colney on September 24 and promises to be full of fitness classes including taster pole dancing for men and women.
Donations of raffle prizes have been given by local businesses but there is still time for others to get involved. A cake sale will also take place.
Nadya said: "There are four other people close to me that are having treatment for cancer. We are all touched by this illness in some way, either personally, or someone we know or someone we have lost.
"We are doing our bit to raise money for these two wonderful charities and are asking our St Albans community to come along and support us.
"Special thanks to Paul Mair from The Gold Centre for donating two nine carat white gold necklaces and to Michelle Plummer and Vicki Senanayake for teaching Zumba and Legs Bums and Tums."
Prizes also include a £50 Ayos dinner voucher, tea at St Michael's Manor, acupuncture, a 60 minute sports massage and tea for two at The Ivy.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
Heaven is a Cupcake, Café Rouge, Eve and Adam, Amalily, Hotel Chocolat, and Bee Beauty Therapies have also generously supported the event.
Nadya said she is grateful to her friends Rosina Basile and Daniela Busseni for getting so many businesses on board.
Classes are limited to ten people per class and cost £10 per person. For information, booking or raffle tickets email email@example.com or call Nadya on 07790 370842
Timetable for the day:
9.30 - Legs Bums and Tums with Vicki Senanayake
10.30 - Pilates with Nadya Giffen
1pm - Zumba
6.15pm - Ladies pole taster class
7.30pm - Pole taster for men