First step for Harpenden’s new health facility
- Credit: Archant
The first step towards creating a new health facility in Harpenden has been taken with the appointment of a leading firm of architects.
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT) intends to purchase The Stewarts, currently home to an in-patient unit run by the local mental health trust at Harpenden Memorial Hospital, and finance the scheme by selling off the rest of the site including the Red House.
It will then redevelop The Stewarts and provide a range of clinical and therapy rooms for children and adult health services.
The firm of architects that has been appointed is Ingleton Wood, an Essex-based company which has carried out work for a number of hospital trusts including HCT.
It is anticipated that building work will start in 2018, with the new facility opening in Spring 2019.
You may also want to watch:
David Law, chief executive of HCT, said: “Our communities deserve the best level of 21st century healthcare, provided in modern, clean and safe environments. The appointment of Ingleton Wood builds on our pledge to make this a reality for our patients in Harpenden.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years