First St Albans Fashion Week event of the year to take place this week
- Credit: Archant
Fashionistas will be given a taster of what’s to come in October’s St Albans Fashion Week (SAFW) as the team launch their first event of the year.
SAFW will branch out into the corporate community for the first time at their ‘Keep it Stylish from Monday to Dress Down Friday’ event next Wednesday, July 6, as part of St Albans Business Festival.
Independents and international chain stores will come together for an evening of mini catwalks, styling masterclasses, and hair and beauty demos.
Each retailer will also offer up their guidance and expertise as they talk through their mini collections.
SAFW founder and director, Ellena Ophira, said: “It promises to be a great night. This is an event that we have had in mind for a while. At a chamber event last year a few people mentioned to me that they really struggle to get ready for ‘Dress Down Friday’ and that they are tired of their drab work wardrobe - so we thought that we could bring together our retailers and offer guidance on how it can be done.”
You may also want to watch:
Hobbs and LK Bennett will be representing the women, while independent D. Copperfield Esq will be showcasing tailoring and casual wear for the men.
Hair and colour sponsors, Bare Minerals, The Alternative Barbering Co and Steve Lupton Hairdressing will also be on hand to offer up top tips on how to master hair, make-up and grooming in the morning rush.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Ellena added: “As lovely and glamorous as this event will be, it will also be really useful. We have great experts who will be imparting their knowledge throughout the night.
“Whether you already have a great sense of style, or perhaps need a little more advice, this event is for you.”
Canapes and cocktails will be prepared live on the night as well as a complimentary Prosecco bar. Each guest will receive a luxury tote goodie bag.
The event will be held at headline sponsors Poggenphol Kitchen Showroom on London Road on Wednesday (6) from 6-9.30pm.
Tickets are £16.50, with all proceeds going to charity, and are available from http://www.stalbans-chamber.co.uk/buy-online/events/
This year’s SAFW will take place from October 24-30 and tickets will be released in September.