First St Albans Fashion Week event of the year to take place this week
- Credit: Archant
Fashionistas will be given a taster of what’s to come in October’s St Albans Fashion Week (SAFW) as the team launch their first event of the year.
SAFW will branch out into the corporate community for the first time at their ‘Keep it Stylish from Monday to Dress Down Friday’ event next Wednesday, July 6, as part of St Albans Business Festival.
Independents and international chain stores will come together for an evening of mini catwalks, styling masterclasses, and hair and beauty demos.
Each retailer will also offer up their guidance and expertise as they talk through their mini collections.
SAFW founder and director, Ellena Ophira, said: “It promises to be a great night. This is an event that we have had in mind for a while. At a chamber event last year a few people mentioned to me that they really struggle to get ready for ‘Dress Down Friday’ and that they are tired of their drab work wardrobe - so we thought that we could bring together our retailers and offer guidance on how it can be done.”
Hobbs and LK Bennett will be representing the women, while independent D. Copperfield Esq will be showcasing tailoring and casual wear for the men.
Hair and colour sponsors, Bare Minerals, The Alternative Barbering Co and Steve Lupton Hairdressing will also be on hand to offer up top tips on how to master hair, make-up and grooming in the morning rush.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 5 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 9 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Ellena added: “As lovely and glamorous as this event will be, it will also be really useful. We have great experts who will be imparting their knowledge throughout the night.
“Whether you already have a great sense of style, or perhaps need a little more advice, this event is for you.”
Canapes and cocktails will be prepared live on the night as well as a complimentary Prosecco bar. Each guest will receive a luxury tote goodie bag.
The event will be held at headline sponsors Poggenphol Kitchen Showroom on London Road on Wednesday (6) from 6-9.30pm.
Tickets are £16.50, with all proceeds going to charity, and are available from http://www.stalbans-chamber.co.uk/buy-online/events/
This year’s SAFW will take place from October 24-30 and tickets will be released in September.