First interns travel from France for opportunity at London Colney aircraft museum
- Credit: Archant
An iconic aircraft museum has taken on its first interns, who have travelled from France for the opportunity.
De Havilland Aircraft Museum in London Colney is the country’s oldest aircraft museum and the only one dedicated to a single aircraft manufacturer.
As of June 20, the volunteer-run museum has accepted its first interns, Quentin Andres and Gregory Nicol from the Laval University in Paris.
The 20-year-olds have completed three years of their five-year degree in aeronautical engineering and will help with airframe restoration and will act as stewards.
Gregory, who is a qualified glider pilot, said: “The experience will be very good and we will get up really close to these planes and the restoration work. It would be wonderful to actually work on these aircraft.”
You may also want to watch:
Quentin added: “We chose the de Havilland Aircraft Museum because it means we will be working alongside these very special aeroplanes and restoration teams.”
Museum director Mike Nevin said: “The museum welcomes our first volunteer interns from France and appreciates their help and support during our busy school summer holiday period when we will be open six days a week.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
During their stay the pair will also see the roll-out of the first prototype of the deHavilland DH98 Mosquito W4050 on the first Sunday of every month of the Summer.
For more information click here.