First interns travel from France for opportunity at London Colney aircraft museum
- Credit: Archant
An iconic aircraft museum has taken on its first interns, who have travelled from France for the opportunity.
De Havilland Aircraft Museum in London Colney is the country’s oldest aircraft museum and the only one dedicated to a single aircraft manufacturer.
As of June 20, the volunteer-run museum has accepted its first interns, Quentin Andres and Gregory Nicol from the Laval University in Paris.
The 20-year-olds have completed three years of their five-year degree in aeronautical engineering and will help with airframe restoration and will act as stewards.
Gregory, who is a qualified glider pilot, said: “The experience will be very good and we will get up really close to these planes and the restoration work. It would be wonderful to actually work on these aircraft.”
You may also want to watch:
Quentin added: “We chose the de Havilland Aircraft Museum because it means we will be working alongside these very special aeroplanes and restoration teams.”
Museum director Mike Nevin said: “The museum welcomes our first volunteer interns from France and appreciates their help and support during our busy school summer holiday period when we will be open six days a week.”
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
During their stay the pair will also see the roll-out of the first prototype of the deHavilland DH98 Mosquito W4050 on the first Sunday of every month of the Summer.
For more information click here.