Harpenden surgery at centre of coronavirus case praised for response
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Harpenden surgery at the centre of the district’s first case of coronavirus has been praised for its speedy response.
Davenport House Surgery in Harpenden has now confirmed a patient who recently tested positive for COVID-19 had visited the Bowers Way premises on the evening of Tuesday February 25, prior to their diagnosis.
A statement said: "The practice was informed on Sunday 1st March and took all appropriate precautionary measures on the advice of Public Health England.
"This included Public Health England contacting the very small number of patients who were on the premises at the time and they recommend the surgery was deep cleaned. This took place on the same day which allowed the practice to fully open as usual on Monday 2nd March.
"We have been praised by the CCG for our speedy response to implementing our business continuity plan and arranging for cleaning of the practice premises which assisted in minimising disruption for our patients.
You may also want to watch:
An NHS Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) spokesperson confirmed: "The practice has taken all appropriate precautionary measures as advised by experts at Public Health England.
"This included contacting the very small number of patients who were on the premises at the time. Following that, the practice is fully open as usual."
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district