Harpenden surgery at centre of coronavirus case praised for response
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Harpenden surgery at the centre of the district’s first case of coronavirus has been praised for its speedy response.
Davenport House Surgery in Harpenden has now confirmed a patient who recently tested positive for COVID-19 had visited the Bowers Way premises on the evening of Tuesday February 25, prior to their diagnosis.
A statement said: "The practice was informed on Sunday 1st March and took all appropriate precautionary measures on the advice of Public Health England.
"This included Public Health England contacting the very small number of patients who were on the premises at the time and they recommend the surgery was deep cleaned. This took place on the same day which allowed the practice to fully open as usual on Monday 2nd March.
"We have been praised by the CCG for our speedy response to implementing our business continuity plan and arranging for cleaning of the practice premises which assisted in minimising disruption for our patients.
You may also want to watch:
An NHS Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) spokesperson confirmed: "The practice has taken all appropriate precautionary measures as advised by experts at Public Health England.
"This included contacting the very small number of patients who were on the premises at the time. Following that, the practice is fully open as usual."
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common