First Capital Connect - MP calls for answers from Government
MP ANNE Main is pushing the government to disclose the results of its monitoring of First Capital Connect (FCC) as the train company s dispute with its drivers goes on. Drivers are refusing to work rest days and overtime in a row over the lack of an annua
MP ANNE Main is pushing the government to disclose the results of its monitoring of First Capital Connect (FCC) as the train company's dispute with its drivers goes on.
Drivers are refusing to work rest days and overtime in a row over the lack of an annual pay rise which has led to greatly reduced timetable on the Thameslink line.
The dispute has now started to affect other FCC lines and Mrs Main, MP for St Albans, has asked for feedback on the monitoring which was promised by a Transport Minister in the House of Commons last week.
The MP, who has tabled a parliamentary question on the situation, believes that FCC is in breach of its franchise by not being able to provide a full service and she is also angry that attempts to meet new FCC chief executive Mary Grant have proved unsuccessful.
You may also want to watch:
She said: ""FCC should be answering why their chief executive seems so calm about this and is not even contacting MPs.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans