First Capital Connect - MP calls for answers from Government
MP ANNE Main is pushing the government to disclose the results of its monitoring of First Capital Connect (FCC) as the train company s dispute with its drivers goes on. Drivers are refusing to work rest days and overtime in a row over the lack of an annua
MP ANNE Main is pushing the government to disclose the results of its monitoring of First Capital Connect (FCC) as the train company's dispute with its drivers goes on.
Drivers are refusing to work rest days and overtime in a row over the lack of an annual pay rise which has led to greatly reduced timetable on the Thameslink line.
The dispute has now started to affect other FCC lines and Mrs Main, MP for St Albans, has asked for feedback on the monitoring which was promised by a Transport Minister in the House of Commons last week.
The MP, who has tabled a parliamentary question on the situation, believes that FCC is in breach of its franchise by not being able to provide a full service and she is also angry that attempts to meet new FCC chief executive Mary Grant have proved unsuccessful.
You may also want to watch:
She said: ""FCC should be answering why their chief executive seems so calm about this and is not even contacting MPs.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land