Darren Thompson: First aider who helped at crash has been found
- Credit: Archant
A first aider who helped a motorcyclist following a crash in St Albans has been found following a Herts Advertiser appeal.
Herts Police had asked the man, believed to be an off-duty fireman, to get in touch.
At around 5.30pm on Wednesday, August 30 a white Honda motorbike collided with a grey BMW car at the junction of Acrewood Way and Hatfield Road.
The motorcyclist died at the scene, and was identified locally as Darren Thompson,a 36-year-old father-of-three, who worked nearby.
PC Jackie Lister said yesterday: “We know a man gave first aid to the motorcyclist at the scene, but despite extensive police enquiries we have been unable to identify him.
You may also want to watch:
“The man may have information that could assist our enquiries establishing the exact circumstances surrounding the collision.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall