First activities announced for St Albans’ Meraki Festival 2018
- Credit: Archant
Exciting new activities have been confirmed for St Albans’ Meraki Festival 2018.
Intrepid explorers can squeeze through a multi-layer 90ft caving system which includes stalagmites, sumps, and is not for the claustrophobic.
It is the UKs first above-ground mobile caving experience and allows curious adventurers to try the dangerous sport in a safe and controlled environment.
Building on last year’s swimming pools and hot tub attractions, a giant water slide measuring 50ft tall and 120ft long will be the centrepiece of the Meraki splash park.
There will also be a roller disco with smoke machines, flashing lights and skates to complete the 80s themed entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
On top of these, highlights of the inaugural festival will return for a second year running - laser tag and the silent disco. Meraki Festival 2018 will run from August 10 to 12. More activity announcements are to come.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe