First activities announced for St Albans’ Meraki Festival 2018
- Credit: Archant
Exciting new activities have been confirmed for St Albans’ Meraki Festival 2018.
Intrepid explorers can squeeze through a multi-layer 90ft caving system which includes stalagmites, sumps, and is not for the claustrophobic.
It is the UKs first above-ground mobile caving experience and allows curious adventurers to try the dangerous sport in a safe and controlled environment.
Building on last year’s swimming pools and hot tub attractions, a giant water slide measuring 50ft tall and 120ft long will be the centrepiece of the Meraki splash park.
There will also be a roller disco with smoke machines, flashing lights and skates to complete the 80s themed entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
On top of these, highlights of the inaugural festival will return for a second year running - laser tag and the silent disco. Meraki Festival 2018 will run from August 10 to 12. More activity announcements are to come.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead