Firm takes hospice into account
A HOSPICE has benefited after being presented with a £2,300 donation from a major accountancy firm. A cheque for £1,000 from Christmas initiatives was presented to Paul Parrish, director of fundraising at Grove House in St Albans, at KPMG s offices in Fis
A HOSPICE has benefited after being presented with a £2,300 donation from a major accountancy firm.
A cheque for £1,000 from Christmas initiatives was presented to Paul Parrish, director of fundraising at Grove House in St Albans, at KPMG's offices in Fishpool Street. And a further £1,300 was raised by the St Albans KPMG office during the year and has already been handed over.
KPMG's Corrina Bridges said they chose to raise money for Grove House after the whole company decided to support hospices during 2006-8.
They held fundraising initiatives including a raffle in which the prize was a week's holiday, a dress-down day and the sale of Grove House Christmas cards.
You may also want to watch:
They also used collection tins to fine employees for whingeing and using jargon.
Mr Parrish said he was delighted that KPMG had chosen Grove House as their charity and was really impressed at how hard they had worked to raise funds.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
The money would go towards setting up a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week home nursing care service and the contributions would make a real difference, he added.