Fireworks fun for all across St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Enjoy seasonal fireworks in safety at one of the organised displays taking place across the district over this coming week.
On Saturday the skies above Verulamium Park will be ablaze with colour as thousands of people attend the St Albans Cathedral Fireworks Spectacular, one of the largest firework displays in the south east of England.
The main event comprises a spectacular 25-minute firework display with accompanying music at 7.30pm. Visitors can soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a range of food and drink from 6pm when gates open.
The Cathedral has been organising the display through a team of local volunteers for over 25 years and has raised in excess of £500,000 for local and national charities.
Sub dean Richard Watson said: “The Cathedral’s firework display has become one of the highlights of the year in St Albans. We are really pleased to be able to provide a high quality event for the local community, and to raise money for local and national charities. A very big thank you to the thousands of people who will turn out to give it their support and to the vast team of volunteers who make it possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £5 per adult, £2 per child or a family ticket (two adults and two children) for £10. Tickets can be purchased at www.stalbanscathedral.org, from the Alban Arena or on the gate.
Harpenden Rugby Club in Redbourn Lane will be hosting their annual Fireworks Extravaganza on November 9, with the gates opening at 3pm for a display at 6pm.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The display includes a bonfire, funfair, food and bar, and features Flaming Phil the caped fire-breathing unicyclist crusader!
Tickets are £8 for adults, £5 for children under 17, and £25 for a family (two adults and up to four children up to 16) from www.hrfc.com
Butterfly World, in Chiswell Green, near St Albans, will stage its display on Sunday, November 2 from 4.30-7pm, with food and drink stalls, a barbecue and children’s fairground ride.
Tickets are only available in advance, and cost £6 (£5 for Butterfly World members) with under 3s free, and can be purchased from reception on 01727 869203/1/4 or www.allaboutstalbans.com