Firefighters tackle London Colney kitchen blaze

A FIRE broke out in a London Colney kitchen after a water softener underneath the worktop overheated.

Firefighters from St Albans were called to the scene at North Cottages in The Drive, Napsbury, at around 2.30pm yesterday (Monday) afternoon and on arrival found two women and a baby who had evacuated the property.

The burning had gone undiscovered for some time and the house had become heavily smoke-logged.

Four firefighters entered the property wearing breathing apparatus to put out the blaze, which left some damage to part of the kitchen. The fire was all out within around half an hour and the fire crews ventilated the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter