Firefighters tackle London Colney kitchen blaze

PUBLISHED: 10:13 09 November 2010

fire engine

fire engine

Archant

A FIRE broke out in a London Colney kitchen after a water softener underneath the worktop overheated.

Firefighters from St Albans were called to the scene at North Cottages in The Drive, Napsbury, at around 2.30pm yesterday (Monday) afternoon and on arrival found two women and a baby who had evacuated the property.

The burning had gone undiscovered for some time and the house had become heavily smoke-logged.

Four firefighters entered the property wearing breathing apparatus to put out the blaze, which left some damage to part of the kitchen. The fire was all out within around half an hour and the fire crews ventilated the property.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser