Firefighters tackle car blaze

A CAR burst into flames while parked in a residential street last night (Wednesday). Firefighters were called to Lay Brook in St Albans at around 10.15pm when the Renault M�gane caught fire due to a suspected electrical fault. The blaze was out within min

A CAR burst into flames while parked in a residential street last night (Wednesday).

Firefighters were called to Lay Brook in St Albans at around 10.15pm when the Renault M�gane caught fire due to a suspected electrical fault. The blaze was out within minutes and the vehicle was slightly damaged.

At about the same time fire broke out in a laundry room at the Brandons Mobile Home Park in Hill End Lane, St Albans, and firefighters from St Albans and Hatfield attended.

The fire, which started accidentally, was out within 10 minutes and none of the mobile homes on the site needed to be evacuated.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter