Firefighters called to chimney fire in St Albans
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Firefighters were called to tackle a blaze last night (Tuesday) after a chimney caught fire.
Four crew members from St Albans Fire Station spent an hour putting out the flames at the home on Avenue Road, St Albans.
The team used chimney rods and a stirrup pump to combat the fire, which was accidental.
Crew commander Simon Lincoln, of St Albans Fire Station, said: “We believe the fire was accidental and caused by a lack of upkeep on the chimney.
“Make sure your chimney is well swept. Most chimney fires are down to a lack of maintenance. Normally the fires in a chimney leave a deposit that can build up and catch fire.
“I would advise at the beginning of winter have your chimney swept to stop this from happening.”
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 8 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans