Firefighters called to chimney fire in St Albans
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Firefighters were called to tackle a blaze last night (Tuesday) after a chimney caught fire.
Four crew members from St Albans Fire Station spent an hour putting out the flames at the home on Avenue Road, St Albans.
The team used chimney rods and a stirrup pump to combat the fire, which was accidental.
Crew commander Simon Lincoln, of St Albans Fire Station, said: “We believe the fire was accidental and caused by a lack of upkeep on the chimney.
“Make sure your chimney is well swept. Most chimney fires are down to a lack of maintenance. Normally the fires in a chimney leave a deposit that can build up and catch fire.
You may also want to watch:
“I would advise at the beginning of winter have your chimney swept to stop this from happening.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems