Firefighters busy tackling blazes around St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were busy tackling blazes in and around St Albans this weekend.
On Saturday May 6, at about 5pm, Redbourn crews went to a reported chimney blaze on Oakfield Road, Harpenden - it was out of arrival but it was made safe.
On the same day St Albans firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish a large tree fire on Watford Road.
There were three fires in Bricket Wood: Watford crews put out a small fire in Lye Lane woods on Saturday, and Garston station on Sunday went to two fires in the open on School Lane at about 2.05pm and Drop Lane at 4.38pm.
An outbuilding was on fire on Alexander Road in London Colney on Saturday, but St Albans and Hatfield crews were about to put the fire out with hose reels.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, St Albans firefighters went to blazes on Hixberry Lane at 1.38pm and St Michaels Street at about 5.20pm. The first was extinguished and the second turned out to be a controlled fire.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 8 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans