Firefighters busy tackling blazes around St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were busy tackling blazes in and around St Albans this weekend.
On Saturday May 6, at about 5pm, Redbourn crews went to a reported chimney blaze on Oakfield Road, Harpenden - it was out of arrival but it was made safe.
On the same day St Albans firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish a large tree fire on Watford Road.
There were three fires in Bricket Wood: Watford crews put out a small fire in Lye Lane woods on Saturday, and Garston station on Sunday went to two fires in the open on School Lane at about 2.05pm and Drop Lane at 4.38pm.
An outbuilding was on fire on Alexander Road in London Colney on Saturday, but St Albans and Hatfield crews were about to put the fire out with hose reels.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, St Albans firefighters went to blazes on Hixberry Lane at 1.38pm and St Michaels Street at about 5.20pm. The first was extinguished and the second turned out to be a controlled fire.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site