Fire tears through roof of St Albans house
A FIRE broke out in the roof of a house in the early hours of this morning (Thursday) – just a day after the occupant moved out.
Firefighters from St Albans were called to the scene in Butterfield Lane at around 2.30am and found smoke seeping out from between the roof tiles.
The flames had spread throughout the loft of the end of terrace house and to the first floor, which suffered substantial damage in the blaze.
It took crews around 20 minutes to put out the flames.
Luckily, there was nobody inside the property as the resident had moved to another house the previous day.
The blaze is being treated as accidental and may have been caused by an electrical fault.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival