Fire outside St Albans pub
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a St Albans pub last night, after a blaze broke out in its grounds.
Crews arrived at the Spotted Bull pub, on Verulam Road, at around 12.30am.
On arrival they found a fence and an external structure alight.
Two pumps attended and two hose reels and a dry powder extinguisher were used to put the flames out.
The ambulance service was also called as a precaution but was not needed.
It is believed the fire was started accidentally.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 7 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 8 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 9 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 10 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025