Fire in St Albans estate agent after builder’s sheet catches fire

PUBLISHED: 10:00 26 October 2015 | UPDATED: 10:00 26 October 2015

St Albans fire attended the blaze at Aitchisons estate agents on Saturday night

St Albans fire attended the blaze at Aitchisons estate agents on Saturday night

Cambs Fire & Rescue Service

Fire crews were called to a blaze at the Aitchisons estate agents in St Albans on Saturday night after staff at a next door restaurant noticed smoke flooding into the cellar.

St Albans fire suspected that a builder’s sheet hanging too close to a hot light caused the fire and after forcing entry at around 9.00pm, crews extinguished the blaze with a hose reel.

Nobody was hurt in the fire and police boarded up windows and declared the area safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Herts Advertiser