Fire in St Albans estate agent after builder’s sheet catches fire
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Fire crews were called to a blaze at the Aitchisons estate agents in St Albans on Saturday night after staff at a next door restaurant noticed smoke flooding into the cellar.
St Albans fire suspected that a builder’s sheet hanging too close to a hot light caused the fire and after forcing entry at around 9.00pm, crews extinguished the blaze with a hose reel.
Nobody was hurt in the fire and police boarded up windows and declared the area safe.