Fire in St Albans city centre
FIRECREWS were called out to a roof fire in St Albans this afternoon resulting in a part road closure.
The blaze reportedly started just after 12.30pm at Victoria House on Victoria Street.
Two workmen were carrying out alterations in the building at the time.
It is thought a spark from an angle grinder possibly caused the fire.
Firefighters dismantled everything around the roof to gain access and put it out at around 1.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened shortly after.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans