Fire in St Albans city centre

PUBLISHED: 17:54 24 October 2012

Firefighters tackle the blaze on Victoria Street

Firefighters tackle the blaze on Victoria Street

Archant

FIRECREWS were called out to a roof fire in St Albans this afternoon resulting in a part road closure.

The blaze reportedly started just after 12.30pm at Victoria House on Victoria Street.

Two workmen were carrying out alterations in the building at the time.

It is thought a spark from an angle grinder possibly caused the fire.

Firefighters dismantled everything around the roof to gain access and put it out at around 1.10pm.

The road was reopened shortly after.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Herts Advertiser