Fire extinguished at Wheathampstead pub
- Credit: Danny Loo/Archant
A FIRE has this morning (Tuesday) been extinguished at the Swan Pub in Wheathampstead’s High Street.
The High Street (B651) in the village has been temporarily closed between Butterfield Road and East Lane junctions because of the fire.
Fire crews were called to the pub at about 5.40 this morning, with eight appliances attending to tackle the blaze.
Crews remain at the scene damping down the building.
Investigators are also at the pub.
You may also want to watch:
Further updates later.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site