Fire extinguished at Wheathampstead pub
- Credit: Danny Loo/Archant
A FIRE has this morning (Tuesday) been extinguished at the Swan Pub in Wheathampstead’s High Street.
The High Street (B651) in the village has been temporarily closed between Butterfield Road and East Lane junctions because of the fire.
Fire crews were called to the pub at about 5.40 this morning, with eight appliances attending to tackle the blaze.
Crews remain at the scene damping down the building.
Investigators are also at the pub.
Further updates later.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school