Fire crews deal with two blazes in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were kept busy in St Albans last night.
Just before midnight, firefighters were called to Napsbury Lane.
A crew from St Albans attended the scene.
There had been a fire in someone’s garden but on arrival they found it had burnt out.
Less than two hours later, fire crews were called out again.
You may also want to watch:
At 1.37am the St Albans crew was alerted to a building fire in Hatfield Road.
A Herts Fire and Rescue Service spokesman tweeted: “Crews extinguished the fire and used positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images