Fire crews called out to lightning hit Kimpton home
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a Kimpton home yesterday after stormy weather caused a chimney to topple over.
Crews from Wheathampstead fire station were called at around 5pm to the Dacre Crescent property after the occupants thought lightning had stuck it.
The normally five-foot-tall chimney had reduced in height by about a third due to high winds and a large amount of loose bricks were strewn across the roof.
Firefighter Phil Burman said the team spent around two hours at the property making the crumbled stack safe.