Fire crews called out to lightning hit Kimpton home

Fire crews were called to make the damaged chimney safe

Fire crews were called to make the damaged chimney safe - Credit: Archant

Firefighters were called to a Kimpton home yesterday after stormy weather caused a chimney to topple over.

Crews from Wheathampstead fire station were called at around 5pm to the Dacre Crescent property after the occupants thought lightning had stuck it.

The normally five-foot-tall chimney had reduced in height by about a third due to high winds and a large amount of loose bricks were strewn across the roof.

Firefighter Phil Burman said the team spent around two hours at the property making the crumbled stack safe.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter