Fire crews called out to lightning hit Kimpton home

PUBLISHED: 16:20 27 January 2014 | UPDATED: 16:20 27 January 2014

Fire crews were called to make the damaged chimney safe

Fire crews were called to make the damaged chimney safe

Archant

Firefighters were called to a Kimpton home yesterday after stormy weather caused a chimney to topple over.

Crews from Wheathampstead fire station were called at around 5pm to the Dacre Crescent property after the occupants thought lightning had stuck it.

The normally five-foot-tall chimney had reduced in height by about a third due to high winds and a large amount of loose bricks were strewn across the roof.

Firefighter Phil Burman said the team spent around two hours at the property making the crumbled stack safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser