Fire crews called out to lightning hit Kimpton home
PUBLISHED: 16:20 27 January 2014 | UPDATED: 16:20 27 January 2014
Firefighters were called to a Kimpton home yesterday after stormy weather caused a chimney to topple over.
Crews from Wheathampstead fire station were called at around 5pm to the Dacre Crescent property after the occupants thought lightning had stuck it.
The normally five-foot-tall chimney had reduced in height by about a third due to high winds and a large amount of loose bricks were strewn across the roof.
Firefighter Phil Burman said the team spent around two hours at the property making the crumbled stack safe.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box below for details.