Fire crews attend smoke-logged London Colney house

Fire engine

Fire engine - Credit: Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a smoke-logged London Colney house last night after a pan had been left unattended on a heated stove.

They used a ladder to gain access the second floor of the property in Azalea Close, where a fire alarm had gone off just after 7.30pm.

Police were also called to the incident and fire crews spent around half an hour clearing the smoke.

The call-out prompted a St Albans fireman to stress the importance of a smoke alarm and to not leave cooking unattended.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus